FOUNDATIONS OF MINDFULNESS
Tuesdays: April 24, May 1, May 8 and May 15, 11 am-12:30 pm
(May 15 class: optional (included) lunch
from 12:30 to 1:30)
at Silver Lining, 13418 Clayton Road (Straub’s Shopping Center, corner of Mason and Clayton Roads)
Total cost: $120 for all 4 classes
Join us for 4 one and a half hour classes exploring the practices and benefits of mindfulness and support in establishing a daily practice, including resources to enhance a daily practice.
Topics: mindful breathing, mindful listening and speaking, mindful eating, body scan, loving-kindness for others and self, and the neuroscience underlying the benefits of: reducing stress, better physical and emotional health, slowing aging of brain, strengthening relationships.
Our instructor, Coke Hennessy, has a mindfulness practice of over 20 years and is a certified mindfulness instructor, teaching mindfulness for over a decade.
For questions or to enroll, contact Coke at:
email@example.com or 314-413-3222
Reviews from previous sessions:
How has mindfulness helped you?
- I’m already noticing a calmer response to stressful situations. Mindful listening has helped me be more caring and also elicits a more positive attitude in the speaker, helping to create a better relationship.
- Mindfulness has helped me stay more present in the current moment, not only during formal meditation but also being mindful of everyday activities such as eating, walking, breathing, listening, doing household tasks, and driving.
- I have found it very calming!
- Learning to pay attention to experiences with kindness and curiosity without judgment is a way I have benefitted from the practice.
Do you have any feedback you’d offer about Coke’s approach?
- Coke is generous and caring. She isn’t pushy or demanding. Her teaching style is very confident and encouraging.
- Coke was enthusiastic and easy to understand as an instructor. The binder of handouts is terrific.
- Coke’s attitude of kindness and acceptance of everyone. Her organization of the class kept me focused and attentive.
- I really appreciated the rich content of each class along with time to practice the various mindfulness exercises and the sharing of our experiences.
- What I liked about Coke’s approach was her excellent preparation and organization, accompanied by her warmth, sense of humor and relaxed style.